Friday, January 30, 2009

Wednesday Night Lights



So on Wednesday (whoa, coincidence?!) MLS released the 2009 Schedule. Not really sure how to look through a schedule and make comments on how it's spread out. I don't know the Gold Cup schedule, friendlies and CCL is not up yet so we'll see how these dates favour us, if at all. The one thing I'm sorta disappointed in is the lack of night games. I don't know about anyone else but I loved weeknight games last season (except the rain!!), especially that Colorado game on Saturday night, but I guess I can see how Saturday afternoons might be a better TV slot (that's what I'm guessing anyhow). Strange though that there are no Friday nights in MLS and I'm trying to think of if this has been brought up or discussed before. What competition would MLS have on a friday night in the summer? TSN pretty much single-handedly boosted the CFL popularity with their Friday Night Football programming. Baseball?? I guess once August rolls around you have high school football, but then you just do it in the spring/summer. Anyways, good to see all the match-ups and NYRB is one of the two Wednesday night games! Now all we have to do is wait for our tix in the mail!

No comments: