Friday, March 20, 2009

Holy First Kick!

Whoa damn. This is no expansion team. Or wait, what's the question? Is Seattle this good or NYRB that bad? Well, I'd be willing to toss out there that NYRB could be that bad. Sure they made it to the MLS Cup finals, but they hardly edged us out into the playoffs and I haven't followed their offseason but I can't see any big signings except the loss of Dave Van De Bergh. And on a little siderant wtf I thought this game started at 10pm?? I go onto justin.tv and the game is 30 mins in! ESPN commentating is the WORST. I'm curious to see how this crowd holds up, if it's first game celebrations or if this really is a football crowd.



March 21 is here and October feels just like yesterday when we were whooping it up after beating Chicago. Alot of promise for 2009, I'm just hoping we still pick up another CB (really!?!) because the Harmse/Velez/Serioux trio is gonna be bananas with cards and suspensions. This season though my man to watch is Guevara. If he's anything like 2005 and like he's been with Honduras, we are gonna be beasts. Tomorrow night will be sweet, except I'm sick as a dog now and are getting tattooed tomorrow, so I could very well be barfing everywhere by game time. That's right. Picture it. Spark puking. BARF! My prediction via rolling dice:

TFC 1
KC ... 6!!!!

WTF forget that. No dice, just gut. TFC 2 - KC 1. We have the offence, KC has too many injuries off the top, we can do it! Start the season on the road right. Then off to Columbus next weekend which will also be bananas. THEN it's BMO TIME! This is our challenge this season to show up these guys, which I don't think will be hard. I"m looking forward to Serioux hopefully being fit for the home opener and ripping into Montero. I think we can count on it.

No comments: