Monday, December 21, 2009

Simpson in the inflatable blue boat?


I have to say, over the last year one of the CMNT players that I've really taken notice of is Josh Simpson. His attitude, determination, desire ... is everything we need in a player to go over and above to get us to qualify. I am really excited to see how his career continues to develop considering he has looked really good an Manisaspor.

Speaking of the team that I always have to spell check over and over. We run the Across the Pond, which may seem repetitive week in and out, but checking game stats every week of CMNT players in Europe has actually given me what I'd like to think is a pretty good handle of what's up with about 10-15 starters at their respective clubs and their current form.

Which is why I was somewhat surprised to see that Simpson hadn't played this past week. So with the magic Google search (the same one I used to find out about frozen pitches in England and did Simeon Jackson actually as a defender this weekend?) I was somewhat surprised to see that there are some transfer rumours attached to Simpson. Ok well not surprised but surprised that through the usual channels no one's picked this up yet.

1860 Munich? Linking up with Kenny Cooper? Or Fenerbahe!? Besiktas!? Galatasaray!? Could he be getting coached by Frank Rijkaard in 2010?!

Well it's nice to see that a somewhat ridiculous fantasy line-up actually wasn't that far off in Simpson making a move within Turkey.

Well here's Josh scoring on his potential future club, and Harry Kewell gets the opener to once again keep the blog 100% Reds!

No comments: