Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Let's all love Montréal


Beautiful city. Beautiful women. And tonight, beautiful football! I don't know about everyone else but wtf is up with CBC? Unless I am super dense (definite possibility) I could not stream the game off their website and had to resort once again to watching it on justin.tv in spanish. The only plus to that is these commentators are hilarious and super animated and made it worthwhile:

GooooooooooooooooooooooooooolSEBRANGO!!


I can remember watching the last COPA and can't remember who Argentina was playing but my roommate was translating for me and like any other country or continent different regions have different accents/expressions. So the Venezuelan (I think he was) commentator apparently kept referring to the players foot as "pato" which means duck so it sounded like he kept saying they were kicking the ball with their duck. Then when Crespo had a penalty kick (if you remember this) he scored but injured himself right after which lead to:

Gooooooooooooooooooool!! GOL! Look at me! Me score a goal ... me no longer play. Oh those crazy Chavezheads.

So I know it's customary for everyone to hate TO but sorry to say I love Montréal and I'm super stoked they are now up 2-0! Unless a major catastrophe *knock knock* sometime next week they will hopefully have sealed up a semi-final birth (Houston? Houston?). So congrats MTL, I'm sure I'm speaking for most of Toronto that we're backing the Impact - UNTIL MAY 13!!!

No comments: