Monday, May 11, 2009

De Man


I'm not sure how I feel about this chicken dance. But I DO know how I feel about De Ro's last two games ... AMAZING! Man it seems like after the first game of the season I was wondering where this guy was, where his panache (yes!) had gone but BLAMO! it came back for the Vancouver game. I have to admit though, Vancouver did not look that great (because of the ref?!) but Dwayne had a great game with that perfect cross and the sickest run right at the end, which had he finished would have been the goal of the week. So I have to admit I was not sure if he looked that great because of the opposition and if he could duplicate it against a much tougher foe, such as DC United.

BUT FEAR NOT! Saturday night he pretty much duplicated the length of that run but this time finished against DC for what could turn out to be the goal of the week. YES! There is something good to see in this season despite many draws and 1-0 victories. My first good moment was the road tie against Columbus, where until the game I'm not sure if we had even scored at Columbus Crew Stadium. Saturday we tied DC at RFK, a stadium where we had gotten WHOOPED pretty much every time we played there. The tide is turning! We can bitch and moan about ties and our strikers not scoring heaps of goals, but let's be honest, this team is the best we've had yet and we are starting to quietly make a statement in this league that when we win or tie (on the road ha) it isn't a fluke but because we are legitimately becoming a strong side.

So here is to Dwayne De Rosario who looks to be finding his form and hopefully we are gelling ... oh yes, we're gellin'. But here is NOT to chicken dances. There is only one chicken dance and that belongs to the one and only below. ENJOY!

No comments: