Wednesday, May 20, 2009

It's a f$#@ing obsession

Moooore than ever! Name that early 90s hardcore band. 10 scene points up for grabs. So sometimes you just get that feeling inside of you, an epiphany almost, where you find something new to drive you. I've been feeling it lately. As I've said several times over the last year, I've been rotating between reading one book on football and one on whatever else I'm feeling like. So over the last year I've read around ten books mostly giving me a much needed history lesson on the game. Soccer in Sun and Shadow is up there as one of the best, and Brilliant Orange is what I'm almost finished now. As I've been gathering all this history now I'm getting a serious motivation to gather up some sort of memorabilia from the old days.

Well right now I am kicking myself because what you see above is a pretty sweet vintage Barca jersey I picked up last year in Rome. I'm not sure if this store was super cheesy but either way it was cool to go to a store where all they sold was old kits from the 40s-80s and had most teams you'd hope to find. Club kits and international ones. I almost bought a Soviet Union one but I'm not communist enough.

So until I can get my hands on that again, now I'm feeling print memorabilia. With another trip back to Europe in the works, I'm hoping to look for some cool stuff but in the meantime I have my eye on these guys. Specifically that Spain '82 is amazing. I'm all grown up now so it's time to take down my beer posters and get some real nice pieces of art. FOOTY ART!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

argentina stuff is hard to find, i scoured BA for world cup memorabilia and it was scarce. my aunt did have a sweet 78 drinking glass.