Thursday, May 7, 2009

It was a rainy day ...


Wow, this really has turned into a photo blog. Well what can I say? There are seven, COUNT 'EM, seven games this month, so I have five definite home photo blogs! Hooray! Last night was the first game of the 2009 Nutrilite Canada Cup (or whatever it's called), where the winner of this round-robin tournament goes on to compete in the CONCACAF Champions League. We needn't look any further than the Montreal Impact playing in February to know these games are worth winning. Let's review an exciting night!

It started off with a mad rush home. Despite wanting to be at the stadium early to watch the warm-ups, it wasn't in the cards and I left Tim in the lurch with a lager in hand two games in a row. There was a surprising amount of empty seats at kick-off, but I guess it's Wednesday night, not a league game, the kids can't be out late AND it was calling for rain - all things equaling AN AMAZING NIGHT FOR FOOTBALL!





WTF 3 mins in De Ro to Harmse - HEADS IT IN!! DEJA VU 2008!!!


Oh boy here comes the rain. Falling on my head like a memory.


There was not tons of action but some good moments. We need more consistent play from our "superstars". Amado I'm lookin at you amigo!


This guy is close to the best thing in our section. Tyler next to me is pretty amazing who loves to get up and yell "COME ON EVERYBODY, IT'S A CORNER, STAND UP! STAND UP!!" but this guy's secret move (up, down, A+B) is his referee song, which is not the super lame "I'm blind! I'm deaf! I wanna be a ref!" but the far more grandiose:
Who's your father?
Who's your father?
Who's your father, referee?
Haven't got one
Never had one
You're a bastard, referee.



Ah pure class.



So we held off the Whitecaps right to the end. I also wish now I had taken a picture of the crazy west indian woman in front of me who was losing her mind all game for Vancouver and jumping up and down until she went totally nuts and the guy beside us had his beer knocked out of his hands and it spilled all over her!! PURE CLASS!!! She didn't say a word after that and I was sad.

TFC 1 - Vancouver 0. Nice nice, hopefully this year isn't like last season where we win the first game by a header and stink out the joint for the next three games. Montreal next week is going to be bananas and I can NOT wait! Montreal is going down.

No comments: