Sunday, May 31, 2009

MAN ALIVE


Well that was something. Thank god for that six pack, it's amazing how well beer heals the heart. 3-0 to Houston and I guess the only good thing was that I could really start pounding them back after 24 minutes without any worry of my judgment of the game getting any worse. It's crazy how TFC have the capacity to look so dialed in one week and completely useless the next. I had this one a draw (on paper it looked as though) but still factored in the fact Houston is consistently one of the top teams every year. Unlike the Chicago game, where I felt they came for the draw and were able to cash in on their opportunities, Houston was there to destroy us and they did.

The one thing I think this game proved is that our defence definitely got exposed big time. We might be able to hang tough against New England who is missing their top strikers, or Columbus as well, but when we match up against teams with big, strong forwards who challenge our (let's be real - midfielders converted to defenders) back line they can't handle it. I think their are two puzzle pieces left (this is no shock to many I am sure), a big defender and a legitimate goal poacher. Everything else is in place - young talent in the back, the midfield looks good and we have young forwards to develop, they just aren't there yet.

Like I said, really the best thing about last night was these luscious green bottles with their oh so tasty elixir. Mmmmm I had good nachos too. Actually the other good thing was my main mang Vitti who has to get a start in this week the guy works hard out there and his dribbling is badass. I can admit it, I'm a total fanboy I want this guy to work out at TFC. Ok just kidding I just love the headband. Other than him, gotta say there was almost nothing to take out of that game except maybe they were able to stop the bleeding at half-time. Right now we sit right in the middle of the league if you ask me, we definitely aren't shit anymore, but haven't done what needs to get done to be in the top 4-6. Anyway ... I still have a Tuborg left! I think I'll down that now, and look forward to Tuesday - Vancouver is going down!

No comments: