Monday, September 7, 2009

No Labour Today

Well this wasn't the most exciting weekend in the football world. Outside of MLS pretty much everyone was on a break for friendlies/qualifying matches. Argentina?! Oh my! Looking forward to Wednesday - England v. Croatia, Hungry v. Portugal, Mexico v. Honduras, Serbia v. France ... some pretty good match-ups! I will have espnsoccernet gamecasts in full effect. Now that we're getting down to the wire, these games are going to get pretty sweet.

Well on the Spark front, took advantage of a beautiful weekend to get out of the city for a few hours and check out some old stuff (ok antiquing) BUT I was keeping an acute eye for anything football worthy and boy did I hit the jackpot!

Ok well maybe not. Sporting Club poster from 1977-78? Hello Cup of Portugal Winners that season? Surely worth $100!


And this was about the only other thing of note in about 100 booths. I actually wish I had bought this. I am one of those OCD guys who if I was watching the Champions League, I would have to exclusively use this bottle opener to for my beer.


And a tip to all the heavier readers out there.


HOLY SHIT! Are those eye holes? Is someone supposed to wear this?


My only purchase of the day was an April 11, 1966 issue of Sports Illustrated with Ali on the cover socking George Chuvalo. Pretty cool.

No comments: