Wednesday, June 3, 2009

MOTHER OF PEARL: Man Alive, The Sequel


Well I guess that trophy cabinet is on hold for now, and if things don't change, indefinitely. THAT was something else. In the drivers' seat (sorta, we'll get to that) and pretty much the worst possible outcome happens. Toronto FC loses 2-0 to Vancouver, in Vancouver, in a game that was supposed to be the big moment for our first trophy. That dead horse is going to look like mush but what the hell, when is this team going to start finishing? Or I guess the proper question is - when are we going to trade for or sign someone who can finish? If TFC had put away their chances in the home games of this tourney we wouldn't be freaking out right now (even with the loss) because we'd have six goals in the bank. It's funny how some games just expose what you've been thinking but don't want to admit or hope you're wrong. There's just players all over that pitch who are consistently inconsistent, or not producing. Top to bottom that was a rough game to watch, unless of course you are a Vancouver fan who played to win - hats off.

June 15 is the date the trade window opens again and we get to hear about European players taking in a game but passing on TFC because of the turf. Can't wait to hear about the top secret trialist or whoever on earth we could get for Chad Barrett. Not sure what else to say, I'm just shaking my head over and over!

Saturday should be interesting, home game against LA, a team who can't win but only draw. TFC, can't score when it matters, now in the thick of the summer and traditionally the worst time of the season for us (does two years qualify 'tradition'?). I think I might be sitting with arms folded for 90 minutes. Well I'm going to sign off for now until I can come up with something witty to make fun of how shit we are right now. Saturday should be interesting. Actually maybe this will be the first game of the year I'll get shit-faced - before the game obviously, I'm not giving ML$E any more of my money if this is what I get back!!

No comments: