Sunday, August 30, 2009

A day to reflect

Well two teams in red, up and down results, but not a bad weekend at all. A 3-2 win over Bolton ehhh not the greatest but it'll do as long as it's a win. TFC on the other hand, I think was a bit soft on them considering how terrible they were last weekend. At least they decided to show up for the full 90 minutes this week, even though as some people have pointed out, the finishing needs to be there. I can recall having that conversation that the most frustrating thing with them is it takes them 5-10 chances to convert and leave themselves open to their opponent scoring in their first or second chance. Chicago at home was a game where the Fire hardly had any opportunities, but they scored on them. Either way, after last week a point is a point, I'm just really hoping when they go into Colorado next week it's not another 180 back to the week before.

So yeah, I watched the game at home and took pictures of my TV. Lame!




But after the game I was lucky enough to get called back to go onto the air with Norman James' THE HOOK out of London. This time we talked TFC, an article RN posted that pissed alot of people off, and EPL! Outside of doing our own podcast which is super DIY and totally free-form, it's a little bit tougher being mentally prepared for something live that you don't know 100% what you're going to be asked. I can think of more than one time where I started rambling on about something and halfway through asking myself "Holy shit what was the question again?" Or forgetting the last name of Stoke City's manager. Tony Pulis guys - PU-LIS. So yeah, it's stuff like that that gives you a bit of anxiety because football supporters have zero tolerance for a bullshitter or people who don't have their facts straight. Thank god I make up for it with my good looks.



And last but not least today was a day to celebrate the lord and listen to a slew of football podcasts since WSD is off the air. Well apparently they are back as World FOOTBALL Daily, but it will be subscriber based (which I say go for it), so I have to mix it up. 606 Phone in was first and the host Alan Green is pretty intense. Actually I just googled him - YIKES. Now it's onto Football weekly from the Guardian and it's not half bad. I guess I'll have to try these out to see which is best.

Final note - I know nobody ever comments here but is there a Bundesliga/La Liga/Serie A equivalent of BBC/Times/Guardian football site? Inquiring minds would like to know.

No comments: