Saturday, August 22, 2009

WSD WTF

Well that was something. Not sure if anyone else out there is into this show and I know there are definitely some strong opinions in all directions but I'm going to be bored on the subway ride to and from work! World Soccer Daily is apparently off the air after various Liverpool boycotts took great offence to host Stephen's Cohen's venomous opinion towards the Hillsborough Disaster.

1989 was the year of said disaster, and coincidently it was the year Ice T released his third album "Freedom of Speech ... Just Watch What You Say". I agree with freedom of speech in all forms but know that at a certain point/level you have to be careful, especially to think you can't be touched. Personally I think Mr. Cohen thought he was too big to be brought down, but it happened. For now anyways.

I thought he was a complete tool for his opinion and stopped listening it frequently, but have to say that show had great guests - Tim Vickery, Graham Hunter, Robbie Earle, only to name a few - and their five part series with Grant Wahl of The Beckham Experiment was awesome. Alot of mixed thoughts/feelings about the whole thing because this was a really good show but at the same time I don't think you can talk such utter rubbish and not get people geared towards you (not saying most of the behaviour towards him is acceptable). Maybe you have no idea what I am talking about but I'm sure if you google the said information you will find some info on it.

I guess now I'm going to have to listen to The Game!

No comments: