Monday, December 22, 2008

Save the date!

Well ignore my picture below but for the sake of recent rumours (my favorite!) I'll keep it as is. For the last couple of weeks it has been leaked to a few news sources that we are for real going to drop some cash to acquire some new talent. When we picked up DeRo over a week ago, with his salary, it looked as though he was the big move - BUT - turns out there is more and the date that is being thrown around is January 6. According to my 2009 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit calendar that is a Tuesday! Danica Patrick perhaps? Siiiiiigh.

There are many scenarios that could play out for us in the next three weeks. Whoever it is that comes in January, this will directly effect our current line-up and our draft choices. By that I mean don't be surprised if the addition of DeRo and a DP results in some pre-draft wheeling and dealing by Mo to shore up some weak spots or shed some baggage. Expect alot more exciting things to happen to this team in the next month than we've seen over the last two years.



As much as I want to speculate who this mystery "BIG SPLASH" is, I've decided to have some Christmas spirit and let this present from TFC remain a surprise. I think I can hold out until early January and simply enjoy reading the rumours. Why bother weighing out the pros and cons of it being Radzinski or Stalteri (who now apparently has signed with Borussia Monchengladbach (points for trying??). Sure it's fun - hey we sign a striker and look for a defender in the draft? Or draft another striker and trade him for a CB?? The possibilities are endless and the last thing I want is to write a ghetto MLS Rumours blog. I didn't think it would be either those two Canadians, but don't forget it wasn't long ago that one of our DP targets was Iain Hume - so put that into perspective.

So for now I'm leaving it at that - hang tight for another crazy 15 days where fine speculating's abounds!

No comments: