Tuesday, December 23, 2008

'Tis the Season

Ok so we are down to the crunch (2 more sleeps!) and per usual I have left all Christmas related shopping, requests, plans etc ... to the last second. Most importantly I left my TFC CHRISTMAS WISHLIST right to the wire. But I was always told Santa's some sort of crazy magician and I pretty much have up until 11pm on the 24th. So many things to ask for, so many things that would be great to see in the next season. Will I get a DP? Or maybe a NutriLite Championship!? I've thought of a few things I want want want for my TFC experience in the 2009 season that Sant ... ERRR, TFC can deliver to me - ok I'll be giving - to all of US!!

#5 ROAD WINS

Aye aye. This will be what will make or break us next season. How many games will TFC blow in the last few minutes, or even worse, injury time? We've made one key addition which already has improved the outlook dramatically, but regardless of the sport, if you can't win on the road then you are just another average team. The only thing to take from last season is that those losses were often from a last second lapse, so it's not like they were blow outs, but mental breakdowns. We correct that and points should start to add up.

#4 BETTER WEATHER
Ok obviously nobody can deliver on this one, but considering I didn't have season's tickets last year, it seriously seemed like it rained for the vast majority of the games I attended. This isn't England and we're playing football from March to October, right in the summer! I can think of only 3 or 4 games where it didn't rain. I have no real beef with Mother Nature, and hey I like crops and want them to grow, but man for real I don't have a TFC poncho and it sucks biking home not only in the rain but with soaked jeans and sneakers.

#3 A FEW MORE DICHIO GOALS
I consider myself pretty lucky that I was able to attend two games that Danny scored arguably his best ones for TFC. The guy who was brought in here to do what took us 4 games, scores goals not always in quantity and not always in quality but when they go in, I am jumping up and down. May 12 and October 20 sealed Dichio's status in TFC history as our first fan favorite, resulting in a 24th minute chant every home game. As much as you want everyone else to put it in, there's something extra that goes into celebrating one of his goals. It seems like next year will be his last season, so I hope 2009 is injury free and we see a few more corner flags ripped out of the ground and waved high to the fans in red.

#2 MORE BITCHY
That's right, I said it. We need more from Bitchy the Hawk. Come on, that hawk is a celebrity and a mean mofo. All smaller birds FEAR Bitchy AND it earned a spot during the All-Star Game on ESPN. I don't remember what was said during that interview but rest assured it was quality reporting from the good people at ESPN. For 2009 I'd like to see Bitchy "spread her wings" if you will - maybe some half time tricks, flying around the stadium, flying upside down, maybe even a few matchups against a seagull or two. Better yet, we need a Bitchy song! It might go something like this:

Oooooooo Biiiiitchhhhy
Whoooaaa Biiiiitchhhhy
Bitchy the Hawk! Oooo What a Hawk!
Bitchy the Hawk! Oooo What a Hawk!
Bitchy the Hawk! Don't need no flock!
Oooooooo Bitchy what a hawk!


That'll win us games, you wait and see.

OK AND THE #1 REQUEST FOR CHRISTMAS THIS YEAR *DRUMROLL* ...


WOOOPS. I mean



Alright this isn't happening this season but I just don't want this to become a dead issue. I'm just hoping we hear more about this and some sort of ball gets rolling on whether we're getting grass and when. No Argos coming in, we get added seating, real grass and we can say this is a 100% legit "Soccer Specific Stadium". Over the last few months I've read more footballing books than I have in my entire life and the one thing that is sticking with me is TRADITION. The history of football is so amazing, deep and rich that I can see how someone looks at artificial turf and thinks it's insane.

Well that's it. Nothing over the top. I know all these Christmas wishes will come true! Happy Holidays to everyone out there and get stoked for the new year!

No comments: