Saturday, December 13, 2008

Yeeeeoooow!

The best part is this isn't even 1 day later an it's old news. Well this blog isn't about breaking news, it's about important opinions - MINE! I can't get to too many in depth blogs during the day as I'm at work and this broke around 2-3pm Friday, but rest assured I was running around the office to the one person who would care about this piece of news.

Mo pulls off ... see? I can't even say arguably! His BIGGEST move to date and no doubt has restored the faith of TFC fans to his abilities as a GM. The best part of this, to me anyways, is this might be the biggest move yet, but might not be the biggest of our offseason! We still have heaps of cash and a DP slot we can fill. So we lose Julius James and a chunk of allocation money but get a valuable piece of offense that with just this one addition makes a huge difference. I mean, Guevara did not have the best of seasons in '08 but I remember Jason De Vos making the comment that he strongly feels that his skill set easily matches up with Schletto's and if you watch Honduras play, you can see he is to them as Julian De Guzman is to Team Canada. So my point being we now have to non-strikers who are serious offensive threats, and if Johann Smith has more than just speed and cross-overs, picking up that potential DP Striker and things are looking pretty good. Losing Julius James, well this is the conflict I was writing about below. At 24 you should know where most footballers (in the rest of the world anyways) are heading in their career. James is athletic but showed many deficiencies in his position. Maybe he'll work out but hey, we're looking for some results NOW and Mo pulled the trigger!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go Dwayne!!! Whoo hoo!!!!