Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Drive for FIVE


Where's the ambition!? Four goals?? Pfft, so 2007. We're talking about THE DRIVE FOR FIVE IN 2009 YEEEOW!

Whoa, ok I wrote that last night and had had a few. Pabst Blue Ribbon, pure class all the way. I've now sobered up and come back to reality. Are four goals really possible? We've only done it once before and it was the original expansion line-up that pulled it off against FC Dallas - EXACTLY TWO YEARS TO THE DATE (ok off by one day, but the original game day for Montreal is June 17!!). Guys, we can do this! Also when I was walking home (wearing my TFC jersey none the less) a bird crapped on my head! I'm convinced. Luck is on our side. God knows our skill and finishing won't win it for us. I mean, our strikers can't finish (except Dichio and that tells you alot), our defence in my opinion is still a bit rough, and we'll be playing L'Impact in Montréal who will surely have no intention of lying down and letting us roll over them. It is going to be tough, and from what I've seen of this team in crucial games this season, we have not been able to hack it. But there is a first for everything; the first time this season we show guts and heart, and the first time ever we score five goals!!

Bare minimum we need four. Here's a little sample of what that looks like. There are several reasons why this video is amazing and things we need to do. First - WHITE SHORTS. Second - ROBBO'S CELEBRATION, what the hell was that?! Hey, if he can put one in and does his "catch a dream" celebration, we are one step closer. And as much as I love the Goooooooooool, shit it gets annoying eventually.



GO REDS!!!

No comments: