Thursday, June 18, 2009

Somebody pinch me


NO! Punch me in the face!! Un-believable! Toronto FC needed four goals to win the Voyageurs Cup, and how many do they get? FIVE!!! TFC defeats all odds and the Montreal Impact 6-1, a result nobody would have predicted. Sure we had hope, but we also had facts. Like Toronto has been atrocious at finishing this season - except for two players. Amado Guevara and Dwayne De Rosario. What can you say about this guy? Talk about putting the team on your back. I have to admit, after that Montreal goal all I was thinking was, Ok well as long as we win I'll be happy. Then De Ro takes the game by the neck and gave us more than hope but made this win a reality. This was the first game I've seen in a while where Toronto show true grit and guts. De Ro, Guevara, Dichio, just to start the list, this team wanted it and you could see that right after our first goal.

Can not wait for next Wednesday's game, and our first match against the Puerto Rico Islanders!

Toronto FC - 2009 VOYAGEURS CUP CHAMPIONS!!
06/19 UPDATE: From this day forward, before each TFC game I will be drinking a 6-pack of Pabst Blue Ribbon and making absurd, flippant predictions of how they will/should win. See below.

No comments: