Sunday, June 14, 2009

We'll take it


Well there it is. Toronto FC wins 2-1 over New York but most importantly ... THREE POINTS. Given the last two weeks that is all we can hope for and we got it. Sure it was hard fought (against one of the worst in the league) and NY scored their first road goal of the season, but let's balance out the good with the bad. Still can't finish chances, but we had lady luck on our side and that's a start. Was it Gary Player (wiki'd Samuel Golwyn?!) who said The more I practice the luckier I get - so as long as we keep practicing hard then I'll take these. We can win our next two, I am sure of it, then the hard ones are coming in the rough months so let's bag the points now. Ok, let's get to this ...

Looks like everyone are friends again! Hey, we love this team ... TEAM, not the suits. HATE SUITS.



Five minutes in - HANDBALL IN THE BOX!! Guevara steps up ...


OH NO


CRONIN!!




DEMON DEACON CELEBRATION!!!


Garcia makes his first appearance. For the time being this guy looks good to calm down our suspect back line. Still think we need a guy over six feet, but for now he will hold it down.


Well missed this one, but Dichio is all business finishing Vitti's missed chance! 2-0 TFC!


"Hey man, this TFC is good shit!"
"Yeah for sure! Too bad we're in the 20th row I can hardly see!"
"Yo you can borrow my binoculars, it's mint I can see De Ro close up"
"Dude, where the hell is Lombardo?"
"Dude, I have no idea - I hope we didn't wear our matching jerseys for nothing!!!"


Second half ... oh no, first road goal of the season. Ouch. Can we find the insurance goal???


ARGHGHGHGHG So close!


Turns out we didn't need it! Hooray TFC 2 NYRB 1


Get stoked Cummins and practice hard for Thursday we're expecting FOUR GOALS!

No comments: