Saturday, October 10, 2009

The countdown begins

270 minutes and counting ...
I don't know how I feel about this whole "most important in club history blalblalb". Please. Personally I'd be more stoked if we were fighting to win first overall, not squeek into the playoffs, most of which will determine on other teams losing. But I like to think that I'm a positive guy. Hey, when I step into BMO Field, I am there to cheer the team on and hopefully watch us win.

I'm back into what my pal/co-host Stephe Perry has dubbed "The Silence Pit" aka Section 105. Swapping tix with Timmy V so he can sit with his dad who is hilarious listening to when a game is going on. I've watched the last two road games with Steve (not co-host Stephe, but Mr. V) and he yells out the most obvious/basic things but TFC can't do it. "CROSS IT INTO THE MIDDLE!! COME ON NOW!!" Hmmm put the cross into the middle? Who'd have thought?! "GO FORWARD!! NO!! NOT BACKWARDS, FORWARD!!!" Holy shit! Sometimes I think Stefan Frei makes more passes than anyone else on the team. I think I will start referring to the team as the broken wheel. It makes sense to me.

But back to 105. Interesting comment from Chris Cummins this week with regards to needing a 12th man today to get behind the team. I will now beat a dead horse. Sorry Chris, in case you were unaware, TFC/MLSE does not promote this kind of behaviour outside of their Marketing Sect .. err.... I mean Supporters Sections. It bums me out that in the next two games, which are super important, missing key players, where the team NEEDS that 12th 'man', that in 70% of the stadium we have to sit and watch in a polite, baseball game/tennis match manner. Because if they/we become overwhelmed with the urge to cheer the lads on - well that is not acceptable and such types will be removed from the grounds. I'm sorry but BMO will never be a fortress in this regulated, carefully constructed way.

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Hey well at least we have the wave!! BARRFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF


Ok, who cares? One hour to go - time to get red!

No comments: