Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Come marching in ...

It's pretty rare to actually get excited about receiving mail. Even when something good arrives like an ebay purchase, it's more like "jeez, finally". But not yesterday! I was about to send an email of inquiry when I got home for lunch, opened the front door and saw this:


WOOT!
That is correct, delivered right to my front door. Now the story (yes, story. Get yourself a drink, snack and get comfy) as you may recall from the beginning of the month was that I just switched jobs, from way the hell up in North York to literally 2 minutes from my house in Liberty Village. The best part about this as will also notice on the right hand side, is I am able to blog almost every day! In fact, the conversation went something like this:

Spark: I'm giving my notice.
Old Boss: What?!
Spark: Yeah. This place is cutting into my blogging big time.
Old Boss: I had no idea.
Spark: It's true. I was hardly getting in one a week.
Old Boss: That is unacceptable.
Spark: I know!
Old Boss: People need to know what the Spark-dog thinks about football!
Spark: I'm glad we are on the same page.

And would you believe that in order to help foster my passion for blogging about all things football (in my mind anyway) my going away gift was a year's subscription to the writers I jock so hard - When Saturday Comes!!

And who was on the cover of my very first issue!? Gerrad and Torres! Yesterday was going to be great! Liverpool on the cover, a Champion's League match, it's all coming up roses. Except Fiorentina wins and gives the Reds the boot. So I am super bummed because Europa League is LAAAAMMMMEEEE. Oh well, at least I have WSC and their Liverpool feature to go home and read. So I pour myself a bourbon (you read that right, Christopher Hitchens here likes a stiff drink when he reads his footy mags) and get comfortable. 32 pages later and there's no Liverpool feature!? Is this some joke?? It is! Sonofabitch.

No Champions League. No feature stories. Is this all we have to look forward to?

No comments: