Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Win win?

A busy day in TFCland. Seattle went through the league and picked up 10 new players. From TFC we lost Jarrod Smith, which although I thought he was a definite possibility, it's surprising he was picked over Johann Smith. Now that I think of it this might have been brilliant strategy by Mo to put in two guys with pretty much the same name, KNOWING he had a 50/50 chance of keeping Johann! Well played Mo, well played! It looked like some of the guys left unprotected were either done so strategically or with just wishful thinking they wouldn't get picked (Ricketts, Sutton and Smith come to mind). Apparently we are in the process of trying to get Ricketts and Dichio resigned for next season, both of whom are essential components of the team. There is talk that Ricketts might try to get on the first bus back to the UK, and I hope that is not the case. As much as I like the guy, I don't think he really lit up MLS and if he goes back to England I don't think he's going to be in a great position to play like he can here.

BUT - in promising news going forward for next season, it looks like we've resigned Carl Robinson! Woot! This was another case where at the end of the season it seemed like Carl was a bit non-committal about coming back this year. It sounded like he might try to get back to the UK for '09. If you think about it though, when he talked about not loving football anymore and finding his passion again at TFC, why would you risk leaving a situation where you are happy day in and out? And let's be honest, would you really trade living in Toronto for ... holy crap I just went on his wiki page and had no idea he had been loaned out 7 times over something like 3 or 4 years! Man, Carl you're the man here, you can't be goin anywhere. So below I found this great clip, actually I wasn't going to post it (you'll see why) but I was laughing too hard and couldn't help myself. Great goal though!!



Yeah Carl!! You are the ... scatman???? WTF!?

No comments: