Friday, April 17, 2009

Déja Vu, Part 1

Hopefully this time the second part is drastically different. Looks like Stephen Hart, the man who gave us a great run as interim head coach at the 2007 Gold Cup, will be at it again for the '09 campaign. Will the CSA be able to get this right? Have they learned from their very expensive (performance-wise and financially) mistakes over the past two years? I've said it before though, I'm not holding my breath. The problem with the CMNT isn't the players or head coach, it's the structure of this 'association' and board of directors that hinders our progress in the game. This is positive though, seeing as it seems our team all believes in Hart as a coach and I think it was Jim Brennan who said, "I will always have time for Stephen Hart". So with any luck, despite having only one friendly lined up before the Gold Cup (agh!!) the boys will be determined enough to pull something together. Canada has a solid team when you look at it on paper, and really I'm going to stay optimistic that they could get out of their group.

KEEPIN POSI IN '09!! SEE YOU IN L.A.

No comments: