Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The 'interim' MAN


So there he is ... I think. I'm really trying to not rip off photos from the weeb so through the small library I've been working on, well I never thought to make a folder for "Chris Cummins - future head coach". Well I said it before, the truth is, we are no worse off. I like Carver but don't think he was a tactical genius and it's not like we are saying goodbye to Scotty Bowman, or I guess more appropriately - well let's keep in sorta relevant - Sigi Schmidt! Because if we lost a coach like that, we'd be winless!

So if the last few games was a 'group effort' like Carver has been saying in his adieu interviews, then I think we'll be fine with 3 of the 4 still making the decisions. Someone's gotta start somewhere, and who knows? This could be Cummins big break and he could turn out to be something, if not we hire a new head coach at the end of the season. Not really into all the hoopla about the reasons behind Carver leaving. As far as I'm concerned if MLS is his reason, well the league is super lame in alot of ways and I can't blame him. Don Garber reminds me of Gary Bettman in too many ways - and if you are on the same page as I am, none of those things are good. I'm curious to see over the next 3 years how we're going to bring in 60+ QUALITY players with a $2.3 million salary cap. Anyway that's a rant for another day!

The most important thing is like I said above - hey at least we didn't lose Sigi Schmidt! ACTUALLY maybe this will have a reverse effect - Carver took us to pretty much the bottom last year, Schmidt took Columbus to the Cup - they both leave their respective clubs, Columbus is winless, so Toronto clearly is going to get to the top Jerry! THE TOP!!! So here is something worth watching because fortunately for us Gino Padula should be in the line-up but this time I'm positive we can actually put it in the net.
PS just skip to 1:20 and let the memories come back (aka waving away smoke and singing and then realizing everyone is going nuts then see we scored!!!)

No comments: