Saturday, April 25, 2009

So long Johnny boy!


Well there you have it. Is this really that much of a shock? The timing perhaps, but I think anyone who follows TFC could put the pieces together and know that John Carver would bounce outta here the first chance he gets. I don't think it's wild to speculate he'll end up in Alan Shearer's staff, if not in the next few weeks, then when the EPL season is over and Newcastle retools for the fall. I liked John Carver but when it's boiled down his real main attribute is his passion, which is great, but I think TFC needs someone with more panache. Ok just kidding I just wanted to type out panache. It just seems his tactics and player selection came into question more often than not, but his devotion and passion always outweighed it. I think what I'm saying is we will not be worse off, whoever is hired as the next head coach.

Will we ever hear the REAL dirt on Carver's time here at TFC? Doubtful. I'm sure when he came here the way the league was organized, internationals, referees must have completely blown his mind. So again, would it be that surprising, or would you blame him, if he ends up back in England? He's eluded to it many times but seemed like he always held back just enough - unlike Ruud Gullit, who true to Dutch nature, did not give a shit and said whatever was on his mind about the Galaxy and MLS.

Well John, it's been a slice, but TFC is gonna move on! KEEP ON KEEPIN' ON.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know...I didn't care for his "tactics"...but I lost all respect for the man now. Why now? Obviously his "passion" got the best of him.

The team didn't need this right now...OR maybe, they do?