Thursday, April 23, 2009

Hallelujah!

I've never been so happy to freeze my ass off for two hours. I've also never been so happy to be wrong about the state of TFC. The last two days were the first where I was resigned to say to myself, "Ok maybe we're not as good as I've thought. Maybe I've been wrong all along". RedNation has been on a soft launch since the season started and if my pre-game predictions were right, we'd be 4-1-1 right now. But anyone who watched last night's game would have said THIS is what our team looks like when we play how we should - a hard-working team who gives it for 90 minutes of disciplined football. I guess the only thing left to wonder is can we infuse that desire for the rest of the season? This was truly the most enjoyable game of the season so far. The passes were on the ground for the most part, chances were aplenty and the defence shined! I won't harp on it too much but one goal won't get it done against the likes of Chicago, New England and even Houston, so I really hope we can fine tune that area of our game. So let's get into a quick recap of the best Wednesday night of 2009 thus far:

Kicked off the night heading up to meet some buds at Atlantic Street. My boss gave me two free tickets, so Matias and Matt were HOOOKED up. I also finally made a good financial decision and decided to buy the most economical choice for rainwear. Before the Columbus game, the forecast was for rain, I spend 3hrs Friday night looking for a proper raincoat - which would have costed me something like $50!! WTF was I thinking?!? Check the pricetag - the price is right!




What?! TWO TFC superheros!?!


OK boys let's get 'er done!



BITCHY TAKIN' CARE OF BIZ IN '09


Guevara!!!


Guest Services: Protecting TFC fans from Hooligan-like behaviour, AKA: Standing, Cheering, Standing and Cheering, or showing too much passion in general. You know, the kind of things that can ruin the enjoyment of REAL fans who show up late, sit the whole game, get up three times to get food and leave at halftime.


OR from morons who think it's a good idea to bring fireworks into the stadium and shoot them at their own supporters and onto the field. W ... T .... F.


Our defence won't rest


TFC WINS!! I KNEW IT ALL ALONG.



Best part of the night - these people, who you clearly can't see, singing about Adrian Serioux. This guy has been great so far and deserves heaps of praise for this game.


If we bring it like this Sunday, we can start May, or the month of hell, in great shape. Looking forward to SIX home games in the next month. TFC! *CLAP CLAP CLAP*!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is this the "firecracker" incident?

Two Local Soccer Fans Charged After Flares Burn Woman And Field At Toronto FC Game

http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_33966.aspx

Anonymous said...

vitti! serioux!